Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Call for big strong men

I'm moving. I hate moving. It sucks the big kumara (a native sweet potato for those foreign readers). But we want somewhere with more space and more sun so it has to be done, even if it is just down the road. Yes we are literally moving around the corner.

I am in the process of packing at the moment, but sometimes (okay many times) I find myself staring into space with a random object in my hand. Plus I'm a hoarder and can’t bring myself to throw things away, so there is some pretty useless stuff to be packed. The only part I enjoy about moving is getting to place furniture and putting all my paintings up. The curator in me comes out whenever I move and I can spend hours deciding where each painting should be hung. I also refuse to use a hammer (which annoys Luke to no end), preferring my ‘trusty piece of wood’ that has been through several moves and acts as both hammer and ruler.

So anyone who would like to help us move on Saturday will be rewarded with fish ‘n’ chips and beer (or wine). It will be nowhere near as harrowing as last time as we will be going down hill, not up.

Come on, you know you want to guys…

4 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

No hills at the new place, I promise. We'll have a little truck to carry everything, so we should be sweet

March 02, 2006 4:59 pm  
Blogger Mark T said...

Ill help if u can fly me from Dallas, first clarss.

March 03, 2006 1:21 am  
Blogger Mark T said...

I like to get wood from time to time :-)

March 03, 2006 11:35 am  
Blogger Lis said...

you and me both

March 03, 2006 10:07 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home