Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Sunday, February 05, 2006

I'm actually a sleazy old man

I went to my first strip club on Friday night.

I had spent the day at the Rugby Sevens, which was absolutely fantastic. Luke and I dressed up as a pirate and a wench; it really is like going to a costume party with 30,000 other people. Met some really interesting characters, as tends to happen when drinking and in costume. So by the time it was all over, which was about 10.30, we were all in good spirits. Luke went home because he was ‘tired’, so I ended up going out with two male friends.

Somehow at the end of the night we ended up at that illustrious bar Santa Fe. I suspect I was easily taken there after all of the drinks my generous friends bought me. Also, my wench’s dress was getting a little too much attention and the guys thought they would take me somewhere quieter where they didn’t have to defend my honour (you don’t get any attention when fully clothed in a strip club)

It was quite different to what I was expecting. To start with it is a small place, and there weren’t that many men there. For some reason I had thought it would be more of a show, but I guess the girls are there to get naked; the audience doesn’t really want a show. The girls are undoubtedly talented. The acrobatics they can do on those poles is amazing. But what struck me is that most of them didn’t look happy. Obviously I didn’t expect them to have beauty pageant smiles as they took off their g-strings, but they really did look as if they were just doing their job, going through the motions.

I don’t really understand the appeal after my first experience. The strippers do have fantastic bodies, are quite athletic, and can walk around in the most ridiculously high heels – but they don’t want the men who are ogling them. I would have thought that part of the attraction to women is having some sense that they are also interested in you. I talked to Luke about it and he said that most men will ignore this facet, forget that it is her job to dance in front of you seductively, even when you are pushing money into her high thigh boot. I guess you could argue that it is about the aesthetics of the situation, you can appreciate a beautiful body without the compliment being returned.

So gentlemen (and ladies) what is the appeal? Please try to be more analytical in your answers than just saying ‘boobs’.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lis said...

Lrav you're hilarious. No really, this isn't sarcasm, I can't stop laughing. No I was wrong, it's sarcasm.

Steve, have you sonsciuosly stayed away from strip clubs or just never had the chance? You're right though, there is definitly more to attraction then looks, that's why I don't get the whole stripper thing

February 09, 2006 5:52 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Most guys like looking at girls on the street and the beach. Guys know that even in these environments girls don’t want the men who are ogling them. So what's so suprising about men looking at naked girls even though they know that the girls aren't really interested in them.

February 11, 2006 10:24 am  
Blogger Mark T said...

I was actually tricked into going to a strip club the other month - I had never been to one before. (its true, I know you cant believe it) When we got there it was quite weird - basically semi naked girls all hustling for business. Quite a turn off. If I wanna look at naked women, Ill use my internet connection, thank you very much :-) By the way Lis, you look quite foxy - how about giving us a jiggle for a fiver?!

February 13, 2006 5:23 am  
Blogger Lis said...

A fiver? pssshhhhh, the nerve.

February 13, 2006 7:43 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home