Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Going on a flat hunt

We are currently trying to relocate, but it’s not easy. Ideally we want to be in Thorndon as it is close to the train station for me (50 minute train-ride is more than enough travel everyday without having to add on a 15 minute unreliable bus). But this is proving near impossible, unless we want to pay $500 a week, and I don’t think that will be happening anytime soon. ARrrrrrGGHhhhgghhhhhHh.

It’s frustrating, I can tell you. Yesterday we went to view this apartment next to the British High Commission. It was the pokiest little flat (smaller then our current one, which is saying something) and all in all quite depressing. For $330 I was expecting more, maybe I need to lower my expectations.

The good news is work is going wonderfully. It’s always nerve-wrecking starting a new job, especially when you have to stand in front of teenagers and pretend you know what you are doing. One of my students told me I look 17, bless him.
But my classes thus far have been great; let’s hope I’m feeing this positive when it comes to report time.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Lisa good luck for the flat hunt! It is sooo expensive in town!
What school are you working at?
Skye xx

February 13, 2006 1:12 pm  
Blogger Lis said...

Thanks Skye, I'm actually at your old college :)

February 13, 2006 8:19 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww you poor thing ;)Hehe Hope it all works out well xx

February 14, 2006 12:09 am  
Blogger Lis said...

Or woman

February 15, 2006 6:33 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home