Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Monday, November 21, 2005

Dear Diary

So, it is the end of an era for me. I have just finished my last year of uni, and thus my student career comes to an end. I'm 23, and since kindergarten I have been at school, in all of its various forms. Maybe I should have done the 'work for a year and then go on to tertiary', but I'm glad I didn't. I did go through a stage last year where I nearly burnt out, and yes it has been hard having no money all the time. But overall, it's been good. I've learnt a lot. Sure maybe I don't remember what I learned in Political Science 101, but I have taken away a lot more then the structures of parliament.
I have particularly enjoyed this past year, I have studied along side a fantastic group of people who I'm going to really miss. I'm also going to miss sitting out in the sun for two hours, waiting for the next class. Playing luchtime cricket or volleyball, no matter how much I sucked at it. Going out in the middle of the week and being hungover the next day with most of the other people in the lecture theatre. Bitching about not learning enough/having too much work. Teaching students and regrouping over a beer/wine, wondering what made us get into teaching. Complaining about being back at teachers college when we just want to keep teaching. I'll miss it all.
But, now into the big world, where I will actually be making money, have more resposibility, not be able to go out during the week - but will probably do it anyway and make my students silent read the next day. And I think I will enjoy it as well, even though I will be leaving the care-free ways of student life. However, I will also be leaving behind the essays I finished at 4 in the morning (or 4 in the afternoon before the 5pm deadline). Perhaps this will be substituted with lesson plans and reports, but we'll see.
So now I say adieu to studentdom - I will miss you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home