Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Friday, November 04, 2005

Procrastination

Meet my friend.
His name is Procrastination.
He helps me out when I have an assignment due by relaxing me and telling me not to worry. He tells me that I have better things to do with my time, like finish my book, wash the dishes or write a post. In fact he is here with me right now, guiding my fingers to the keys, letting me forget those pesky assignments that can ruin a good weekend.
Procrastination is my friend.
I embrace his friendship; he never lets me down. If he sees an assignment task sheet in my hand he is at my side in a second.
Procrastination likes to visit me on a Friday, but come Sunday he has fled. Instead I am visited by another friend – Pressure. Pressure is not quite as comforting as Procrastination, but he sure is motivating. Pressure allows me to produce thousands of insightful words within 24 hours. Pressure does not mind if I spend the whole day inside in scoddy clothes, slightly hungover and looking like the crazy hermit writer who doesn’t brush her hair. Pressure is not judgemental, he knows I should have invited him around earlier, but accepts that I was entertaining Procrastination.

But it is Friday, and Pressure will not be here till Sunday. Procrastination keeps me company.

2 Comments:

Blogger Foggy in Nelson said...

Aaah, so that's where pressure has got to.

I've been needing him, but he hasn't been replying to my calls or texts.

November 04, 2005 3:29 pm  
Blogger Lis said...

I hear both are very popular during exam time.

November 04, 2005 4:17 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home