Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

And the days keep dragging...

I know I have no right to complain, but I'm going to anyway.

I'm BORED!

Those of you who know me personally will know that I get bored quite easily. As a child my mother would always respond "only boring people get bored" . Well now, that very well might be, but how does that help me?! Teachers get bloody good holidays, we all know that. But I'm at the point where I would like to go back to school, so that I can then complain about wishing to be back on holiday. The grass is always greener.

The main problems contributing to my boredom are:
- My flatmate is in Hobart watching the cricket, I've seen her all of 3 days this entire break (she is a teacher also)

- I have no money. Because I was on a one year contract I got a lump sum payment at the end of the school year. This helped at Christmas but also helped me go clothes shopping, have a steady supply of alcohol, fund my trip to New Plymouth for New Year's and keep me entertained with going out many nights a week. But of course now I'm broke and ruing the nights I had several expensive shots too many.

- Most of my friends are in fact working, or my teaching friends are away. Or poor like me.


So in my spare time I have painted, read several books, walked aimlessly around town, cleaned the flat, worked out what I'm teaching for art (it will be my first time in this subject area), caught up with some long lost friends, hosted drinks at the flat, been to galleries and exhibtions, read some more. Yet boredom remains upon me.

Sigh.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark T said...

Cheer up! It could be worse, you could be up to your neck in work like me - I wish I was off still :-(

And isn't it summer there? Its pissing it down here, and miserable. I wish it was summer here, so I could finish my garage :-(

Things aint always as bad as they appear...

January 17, 2007 12:45 am  
Blogger Lis said...

well it's SUPPOSED to be summer. We've had a couple of good days, but I'm still waiting for that stunning mid-summer weather.

You're right, I shouldn't be complaining. But I actually like working. I'm a geek, I know.

January 17, 2007 2:34 pm  
Blogger ... said...

Did you just say they paid you for a years contract in one lump sum and that you've already spent the whole lot and it's only January?!?!?!

January 20, 2007 5:21 am  
Blogger Lis said...

No, the holiday pay!

January 20, 2007 12:04 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that's what I said, it's a parental cliche and as the mother of 3 I think I have a right to chuck out parental cliches, as and when I desire. I've got a million of 'em

January 22, 2007 2:55 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home