Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I couldn't think of a suitable title for this post.

I'm going to enter the realms of personal problem sharing, something I didn't think I would do.
Luke and I broke up last week after 5 years together. It has been heartbreaking but it is entirely my fault (I'm not going to get into the details here). We have grown from teenagers into adults together, and he is one of my best friends, and hopefully will be again one day.
And so I am now single, and I don't particularly want to be. When you have been with someone a long time you sometimes wonder about what you are missing out on. But now that I am here I don't like it and I want to go home.
I don't even know how to be single. I feel at a bit of a loose end. I am thinking of shooting off overseas, get out of this small country and experience new things, 'find myself' as it were.

Anyway, for those of you I haven't got around to telling, now you know.

7 Comments:

Blogger Mark T said...

Oh no, thats bad News Lis :-( Sorry to hear that. Take things easy and dont rush into anything

August 16, 2006 7:26 am  
Blogger Lis said...

Thanks Mark :). I'm now one of the 35,000 single women in New Zealand. Not good odds :(

August 16, 2006 10:02 am  
Blogger Mark T said...

Well, there must be something wrong with the eye sight of the men of New Zeland thats all I can say! Come to Britain!

August 16, 2006 8:04 pm  
Blogger ... said...

I concur - come to Britain, and London in particular.

You'll appreciate being single when you get here...

You, Rob & Sav - three people who desperatley need to get out of NZ for awhile.

August 17, 2006 6:19 am  
Blogger Mark T said...

I hear Lincoln is very good this time of the year? :-)

August 17, 2006 7:51 am  
Blogger Lis said...

Oh I am definitley thinking about it.

August 17, 2006 8:05 am  
Blogger ... said...

London is lovely this time of year... but it will soon be horrible depressing winter, so Lis' - wait till Spring, that'll give a few months to save as well.

August 22, 2006 7:12 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home