Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Thursday, April 20, 2006

'a man of wealth and taste'

Well I'm not sure about the taste part, but the Rolling Stones sure have wealth.

I went to their concert on Tuesday night. It was bloody brilliant. Mick Jagger is 63 and is a lot fitter then the 23-year-olds I know. He ran up and down an enormous stage throughout the whole night and still managed to sing effortlessly. For a man who lived as hell-bound as he has, it is amazing he is still alive, let alone prancing around the stage like a boy of 17. It makes you wonder really; what determines if, and how, we survive? Mick and the other Stones did enough drugs, alcohol, cigarettes and sex to put rockers these days to shame. In theory they should be dead, dying or at least debilitated in some way or another. Yet they live on as strong as their music.
It's crazy I tells ya.

p.s The other thing that is crazy is the layout of my blog at the moment, I don't know what's going on.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mark T said...

The prob with the layout of the blog is you have cut the HTML in your 'its offical post' and pasted it in the 'preview' section rather than the 'Edit HTML' section. Not quite the genius you thought eh?!

April 25, 2006 7:33 pm  
Blogger Lis said...

There are many forms of genius, mine just happens to not include technological intelligence. :p
So how do I fix it oh wise one?

April 25, 2006 9:39 pm  
Blogger Mark T said...

well ctrl c on the HTML that you need then when you go to 'Edit Posts' click to edit your 'Its official' post. On the right hand side of the edit, you see two tabs: 'Edit HTML' and 'Compose' Click the 'Edit HTML' tab and CTRL v to paste the HTML where you want it in there :-)

Hope that helps...

April 25, 2006 11:00 pm  
Blogger Lis said...

Well, it kind of worked, at least I don't have that big gap at the top. Thanks Mark, your a gem

April 26, 2006 3:45 pm  
Blogger ancient clown said...

ROFLMAOPMP.
Now that's funny.
I ask the kids next to me at the internet cafe's how to do stuff.
But here's a challange to you both BEWARE: A Riddle If You Dare...so simple a child has gotten the answer and yet so difficult only a child has gotten the answer.
your humble servant,
Ancient Clown

April 26, 2006 3:48 pm  
Blogger Lis said...

Clowns scare me

April 26, 2006 4:02 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you noticed that people that drop 80 bucks on Stones tickets now are not at all the same people that listened to them in the 70's? Its like they are consciously trying to make amends for the fact that they listened to crap like ELO or Journey in the late 70's, instead of the good COOL stuff like the Stones. And while we're on the subject, since when is Journey "retro cool"? I live in Chicago, where Steve Perry is from, so I have to suffer through that crap almost every weekend at local bars....

by the way, MarkIsSweet.com is up and running!

April 28, 2006 5:52 am  
Blogger Lis said...

Well there were a lot of aging rockers around, but it didn't occur to me that they might be reliving a youth they missed by snubbing the bad boys of rock.
In New Zealand we are not going through a Journey revival, in fact I know very little of Journey. Does that make me uncool?

April 28, 2006 12:29 pm  
Blogger Mark T said...

Yes :-)

April 28, 2006 7:21 pm  
Blogger Lis said...

I always had my suspicions...

April 29, 2006 12:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home