Name:
Location: Wellington, New Zealand

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Enter Sandman

I can't sleep. It's nigh on one in the morning and I am wide awake. This results from a number of contributing factors.

Firstly, why would I be tired when I have done very little in my day? I have never been a good sleeper, in fact in my honours year I was bordering on insomnia and had to take sleeping pills to get any rest. This year however I have been a lot better as I'm pretty tired after work and I get up reasonably early in the morning. However, in my present condition I have no work to go too, thus am not exhausted at all.

Secondly, I am currently staying at my mum's. This is fine; however my Step-Father is the biggest snorer you will ever meet. Seriously, I can not sleep listening to his spectacular auditory display which is intermittently interrupted by a choking, gasping-for-final-breath chorus that leaves one waiting to see if he’ll survive to snore again. He always does. And so I try to sleep listening to my ipod, but this isn’t overly effective.

Thirdly, my foot still aches somewhat and is particularly bad at night. And sleep with a bloody great cast on is not overly comfortable.

In fact, the best sleep I’ve had recently was on Saturday night when after a party I passed out on my friend’s bed during a game of post-drinking cards. After the two boys kindly videoed themselves lifting my arm up and letting it drop in my comatose state, I was left to a very peaceful and undisturbed sleep.

So short of drinking myself into a stupor I think I’m stuck with being awake for a while.

5 Comments:

Blogger Mark T said...

i can think of a good way of wearing you out so you get a sound nights sleep :-)

July 24, 2007 1:35 am  
Blogger Cheeky said...

You're talking about house work right? right? What else could you possibly mean? :-p

July 24, 2007 10:05 am  
Blogger Lis said...

hmmm, I don't know which one of you is more sexist right now...

But Shay, you should know I'm no good at housework :)

July 24, 2007 1:31 pm  
Blogger Mark T said...

heh heh :-)I meant dancing of course!

July 24, 2007 7:15 pm  
Blogger Lis said...

Of course Mark, I never assumed anything different to pass that clean and pure mind of yours

July 25, 2007 2:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home